Sustainable tourism in Santorini - That made us think!
So many challenges are happening in this world right now and we need to do our part. We strive to make our business as sustainable as possible.
Every industry has an impact on the environment and tourism is no exception, especially in Santorini. Let us make the difference together!
- We provide walking tours in Santorini: Get off the beaten path in Thirassia, enjoy the amazing views while walking down from the highest peak of Profitis Ilias or walk along ancient paths from Fira to Oia.
- We encourage you to use our reusable jute bags along with your guide, during your walking tours.
- We have stopped offering single use plastic water bottles, but that does not mean our guests will stay thirsty - water from now on comes in environmentally friendly TetraPaks.
- Amongst other things we make sure to use energy light bulbs in our office.
- We also limit the use of ink and paper by printing only if necessary and in this case double sided. The waste produced is being separated and recycled daily.
- All our vehicles are Euro 6 emission standard.
Moreover, it is important to support the local community. Our guests love it when we visit a local organic farm market or point out a family owned bakery at the corner where they can find fresh local pastries or take them to a local family owned winery to taste a famous Vinsanto.
Evenmore, SantoriniExperts is a member of ecotourism-greece.com and we are member of Travelife and have started the process to work step by step toward complying with international sustainability standards.
This way we hope to learn even more ways to protect the environment, keeping in mind, there is no plan-et B!